The Forearm Fulcrums develop an early vertical forearm (EVF) position and increase stroke efficiency. An EVF position utilizes the entire forearm during the pull, from fingertips to elbow.
The Forearm Fulcrums promote stroke refinement through muscle memory of proper hand, wrist and forearm position. The Forearm Fulcrums improve efficiency and maintain a strong, uninterrupted pull from the beginning of the stroke to the end.
The Forearm Fulcrums are a versatile tool for all four swim strokes.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
PROMOTES AN EARLY VERTICAL FOREARM (EVF)
Connects forearm and hand into a single surface
TEACHES A HIGH ELBOW POSITION
Calls for a high catch by lifting the elbow, ideal for open water and triathlon training
Develops correct stroke muscle memory and prevents shoulder stress without losing the feel for the water against forearm and palm of the hand
Specifically designed for stroke refinement and technique focus
Maintains a strong, uninterrupted pull
ALL FOUR SWIM STROKES
Versatile tool for butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle
- SIZE: Senior - Yellow (14"), Junior - Blue (11.5")
- Paddle has two closed sections, one of the sections fits around the forearm, with the swimmer placing their hand in the other closed section.
- The process of placing their hand through the two sections creates an ideal elbow/wrist angle during the phase of stroke initiation.
- The act of creating this angle corrects the stroke technique of the user by teaching 'muscle memory'.
- Please note that each order will come with 2 paddles.
- Teaches Early Vertical Forearm (EVF) Position: Promotes a proper pull stroke pull that utilizes the entire forearm.
- Develop EVF Muscle Memory: Locks hands, wrist and forearm into optimal position; does not allow wrist to break.
- High Elbow Position: Initiates pull by lifting the elbow for a high catch.
- Improve Stroke Efficiency: Maintain a strong, uninterrupted pull from the beginning to the very end of the stroke.
- Focus on Stroke Development: Specifically made for stroke refinement and technique work.
- Figure Eight Design: Made of a durable plastic that fits around the arm, and integrates a soft rubber padding to rest against.
- All Four Swim Strokes: Promotes EVF with all four competitive strokes.
- Easy on the Shoulders: Open design allows water to be felt against the forearm and hand, and does not provide resistance.
SHOULD I GET JUNIOR OR SENIOR SIZE?
The Junior size Forearm Fulcrum is ideal for younger swimmers, teens and petite women. They measure just shy of 11” from end to end. The senior measures about 13.5” from end to end and is ideal for adults and taller teens.
Easy to drop off and need to stop to adjust. Hand finger(s) need to hold on it to prevent dropping off when using it, this may affect the swimming strokes.